Old December 13th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Keypad Repair

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
This may seem off topic for this newsgroup, but I figured I might find
people here who had disassembled devices that have keypads.

I've got a Panasonic cordless phone whose keypad has stopped working
unless I press extremely hard on the buttons. I took the thing apart and
found that the actual keypad is just sort of a plastic "mat" containing
the buttons I push. It rests on top of a circuit board that has
corresponding spots on it for each button (membrane switches?). The
Panasonic web site lists a replacement keypad, which is nothing but the
plastic "mat". Although it's cheap enough to try replacing that part, I'm
wondering if these things really go bad - maybe get fatigued or
compressed over a couple of years. Is this fix likely to work?

Dont' bother go to walmart a get a new one. The parts are probably going
to be more than a newer more powerful unit.

Actually, the plastic mat's only about four bucks, maybe seven with
shipping.