Old December 14th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill Brian Hill is offline

Default Is There A Better Portable Than the Sony ICF-2010?

"CelticDude" wrote in message

Hmmm, this starts to make the E1 tempting. Where did you find this
price? Was it refurbished? I told myself that I wouldn't get another
portable, but this, or the Red Sun RP300, could tempt me (the E1 is
still ugly...)

DWP

I bought mine from Northland here in MN. I think that'sd the name of the
Co.? It was new and checked out by Drake. Still had the protective coating
on the dial and original box etc... I don't know if that price is still in
effect but I'd still pay $500 for it. It's a great radio and a good a DX
rig. I think those that knock it are ill informed. I've been DXing since 76
and have owned hundreds of radios and think it's a damn good radio deserving
of more credit than it's given by most that have never even tried the rig.
Five bills is not chump change but I always try rigs that are in my grasp
economicly because I'm currious and this one I felt was a winner. YMMV?

--
Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement