Old February 27th 04, 03:19 AM
Mark Keith

"Thierry" To answer me in private use http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm wrote in message ...
Hi,

In order to complete a long article about the history of ham radio I would
like to know :

- QST vs CQ, what magazine gathers today the large audience ? Some states it
is CQ.
- Who created CQ in 1945 ?
- Could someone provide me some electronic picture showing the first covers
of QST 1920 and CQ 1950 ?

Thanks in advance

Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

I think the first qst was dec 1915. I had a repro somewhere in a dec
1955 qst. "40 year reissue" The first cover was fairly plain. I'd
have to double check, but seems to me I have some of the first issues
of cq in 1945...My oldest "real" qst's are back to 1935.
They went back quite a bit farther than that though. A friend of mine
had a bunch of 20's issues, but they were stolen out of a
mini-warehouse...At the time, they weren't that much of an issue,
being they also stole all his gear..."Including not one, but 3 henry
consoles, "one each for 2m,6m,and 70cm"
MK