Old December 15th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ngu ngu is offline

Default Questions of a very beginner.

I'm just like you with the same radio, except that I live in an
apartment in Hong Kong. I made a simple outdoor antenna as follows.

I got a few metres of insulated wire (salvaged from discarded electrical
appliance), mounted it outside the window to run horizontally on the
outer wall of the building, by tying one end of the wire to the window
frame of another room in the apartment, and the other end clipped to my
radio.

Results are good. No problem with the major stations. I even picked up
Radio New Zealand International whose signal is more intended for
Oceania rather than Asia.

Remember to disconnect the wire in a thunder storm, though.