Old December 16th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Jim Hampton Jim Hampton is offline

Default CW is dead. Long live CW.

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
Iitoi wrote:
Point your internet browser here ---
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-269012A1.pdf

I beat ya by 48 minutes! ;-)

(see thread "No More Element 1")

---

The test may be dead, but the mode lives on.

---

Note that the link takes you to an announcement, but not the actual
R&O. And while the R&O is dated today, it doesn't say when the change
is effective.

73 de Jim, N2EY

The way it's stated, one COULD assume it's today.

Look at the .pdf file again. I missed it the first time. It is in very
*small* print between the bars at the start of the note. It is an
announcement and will be effective when the FCC releases the whole text
(whatever and whenever that is).

Where the heck is Phil when we need his expertise at sorting this kind of
stuff out

I lost his e-mail address on my last system crash. Windoze is pretty good
at that

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA