Old December 16th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Liberals R. Intolerant Liberals R. Intolerant is offline

Default CW Gone from Testing - We've arrived in the 21st Century!

Great insight and sooooo true!

John Smith wrote:

And I am a 13WPM General.

Actually, the only change I really see is that now CW will be seen for
what it actually is, a talent some excel at. In todays world it has
little importance in radio and/or electronics and communication. And,
in past decades has served no real purpose, other than limiting the
numbers of members in the group. This protectionism has severed those
who wished to make amateur radio a limited group of them and their
friends, however, amateur radio has suffered greatly and lost much in
new minds with new ideas who would serve to keep the hobby up-to-date
and relevant in this millennium ...

Sometime in the future, I suspect, some who have drifted into the world
of psychotic behavior will see how silly they have been, and will become
ashamed over their past behavior.

Regards,
JS