Old December 16th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Keith Keith is offline

Default Info needed for Uniden BC796D

In article . com,
"ckfire1923" wrote:

Hey folks,
I am a new user to rec.radio.scanner group. I was once a scanner
junkie years ago. I had an old 800mhz radio shack scanner. Now I
recently purchised a Uniden BC796D Trunker. I read the reviews on the
internet and it said this product was not for the "newbie" Heck, I am
jumping in with both feet here. I hope you people @ rec.radio.scanner
group can help.

If you are going to use it for Motorola trunking take it back to the
store and get a BCD396D or BCD996T. It will be useless in a few months
because of rebanding. If you bought it used you are SOL.