Old December 16th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] r2000swler@hotmail.com is offline

Default No Code Arrives!

Brenda Ann wrote:
They already do that with what was once the First Class Radiotelephone
Operator License (now the Radiotelephone Operator Permit). This is a wallet
sized card that literally anyone who can sign their name (or an X) can have.

This is not the same thing as a General Radiotelephone Operator License,
which all First and Second Class Radiotelephone Operator License holders
were issued when the former licenses were abolished. As far as I know, the
GROL has also now been abolished. I can't even get a new copy of my GROL,
as the FCC tells me they no longer issue them. So much for spending the time
and effort to study and receive a First Phone....

About ?20? years ago GROL were given a one time oppertunity to get a
life time license,
on the yuckiest cheap paper you can imagine. When I asked the FCC
engineer I knew
he told me if I lost it it wouldn't be replaced. Last time I asked he
told me he thought
they (FCC) no longer had any records as to who held what commercial
license. He
retired about 5 years ago and died soon after from a massive stroke.

I am sure you could find an image on the web, clean it up and insert
your data
and no one would ever know, or really no one would even care.

Terry