Old December 16th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadrunner NNTP Roadrunner NNTP is offline

Default No Code Arrives!

You are confused about the First Class Radiotelephone Operator License now
being the Radiotelephone Operator Permit. The wallet card you refer to was
probably the Restricted Radio Telephone Operator Permit. However, there was
a wallet card called a license verification card that come along with the
First and Second Class licenses.

Here's a link to the straight scoop on all the commercial operator licenses:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/

GROL certainly still exists and the FCC very much has records. Duplicates
should be available but it won't be the blue certificate you were originally
issued. They are no longer issue the nice certificates but are printed on
paper similar to the amateur licenses.
----------------------
Lost, Stolen, Mutilated, or Destroyed Licenses
You may apply for a duplicate license by submitting FCC Forms 159 (Fee
Processing Form) and 605 according to the instructions printed on the 605
application.

A fee is required. Current information on the fee amount and filing location
can be found in the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Fee Filing Guide, FCC
Form 1070Y, or by calling the FCC's Consumer Center toll free at
1-888-CALL-FCC (225-5322). The WTB Fee Filing Guide and FCC Form 1070Y are
also available from the fax-on-demand system by dialing (202) 418-0177 from
the handset of a fax machine.

-----------------------------

When the rules changed some time back, all holders of First and Second Class
Commercial Radiotelephone Licenses were issued lifetime General Radio
Operator Licenses.

You can still get a commercial radiotelegraph operator license.!

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brenda Ann wrote:
They already do that with what was once the First Class Radiotelephone
Operator License (now the Radiotelephone Operator Permit). This is a
wallet
sized card that literally anyone who can sign their name (or an X) can
have.

This is not the same thing as a General Radiotelephone Operator License,
which all First and Second Class Radiotelephone Operator License holders
were issued when the former licenses were abolished. As far as I know,
the
GROL has also now been abolished. I can't even get a new copy of my
GROL,
as the FCC tells me they no longer issue them. So much for spending the
time
and effort to study and receive a First Phone....

About ?20? years ago GROL were given a one time oppertunity to get a
life time license,
on the yuckiest cheap paper you can imagine. When I asked the FCC
engineer I knew
he told me if I lost it it wouldn't be replaced. Last time I asked he
told me he thought
they (FCC) no longer had any records as to who held what commercial
license. He
retired about 5 years ago and died soon after from a massive stroke.

I am sure you could find an image on the web, clean it up and insert
your data
and no one would ever know, or really no one would even care.

Terry