Old December 16th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK BDK is offline

Default No Code Arrives!

In article , says...
cbx wrote:
Yeah, certain ethnic groups could not cut the code, so the FCC did the

Frankly, it was my experience that certain ethnic groups were unable to
handle code was not the problem.

Rather, once members of certain ethnic groups obtained licenses, they
were made to "feel uncomfortable" by certain members of the amateur
community. Being white myself, I was ashamed for some of these
operators ...

Regards,
JS

Yep, I heard them say things to people who they thought were white that
made me cringe. When I did listen on the ham bands, the Extras and
Advanced hams were some of the worst, both in the racial crap, they
broke the rules deliberately, and seemed to think they were somehow
right because the had a ticket for 50-60 years. I know one who used to
ignore calls and deliberately talk over calls he didn't "know" on 2
meters. He got a letter warning him about it, and then whined about
being "picked on".

And yes, I passed the damn code almost 35 years ago. It did nothing but
turn me off from upgrading to a General. A few contacts and I was done,
I cant think of many more unpleasant things to listen to than CW. I
gave the novice rig back to the guy I was buying it from, and tossed the
license in a drawer. I don't even know my old call.

Sadly, as this point, I don't care about HF anymore.

BDK