Old December 16th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
[email protected] dick@gmail.net is offline

Default CW Gone from Testing - We've arrived in the 21st Century!

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 04:16:24 -0500, X-rated Vermonter
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:39:01 +0000, wrote:

Saddest day in ham radio. Unfortunately, there's been a succession of
them, starting with Incentive Licensing, Codeless Techs, General and
Extra Lites, and now this.

K4QG, a 20 WPM, FCC examined Extra for over 28 years

Ham Radio just has not been the same since they eliminated spark.

Well of course it hasn't. What nonsense.

Eliminating spark, however, was a technical necessity as the state of
the radio art advanced. It did not in any way compromise the process
of licensing amateurs, nor did it practically affect the priveleges of
licensees. All of the things I mentioned did, however, have a negative
impact on the service.

K1XV. I went before Jules Finkelman as a 15 year old and survived.

K4QG