Old December 16th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] just_rtfm@yahoo.com is offline

Default AM recption notes.

Miso:

Eh, the author confuses DSB and AM. I wouldn't put much faith in
his/her analysis.

I wouldn't put much faith in someone who is confused over the gender of
the name 'Phil'. Ludicrous and a "poisoning the well" logic fallacy.

DSB never has a carrier. There is no such thing as DSB and DSB without
a carrier, just DSB.

http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_double-sid...nsmission.html
http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_double-sid...nsmission.html
http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_amplitude_modulation.html

Telamon:

Listening to AMBCB in the car where I don't have a sync detector and
home where I do sure makes me wish I had it in the car.

See my article "ferrite rods make poor car antennas".

The improvement in reception most radios have with sync detection is
huge not small and so the improvement is not open to argument.

Is SAM on your RX340 a huge improvement over SSB? (Yes it's a trap.)

Happy Holidays!
phil
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phils_radio_articles/ [Files Only]