Old December 17th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] JIMMIEDEE123@YAHOO.COM is offline

Default Looking for a SL6440 Mixer IC

Hello wrote:
Thanks to everyone that that answered.
Merry Christmas
Emil
W9NM

I know a guy down in Ga that made a replacemnet for these. I tused a
couple of FETS i think and the whoile cicuit could be built on a DIP
header. The limitation of the circuit was that it was not as flexible
as the origional, In other words it was not directly plug in compatable
all the time but he could always get it to work with a little
modification. He is retired now but I usally see him whenever I am down
there for Xmas. I doubt if he would want to build any but he would
probably share how to build and tweak them with anyone who wanted the
info.

Jimmie