Old December 17th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
merlin-7 merlin-7 is offline

Default 2 meter yagi

Thanks JS, I have seen the manual but what its says and how well it stands
up to weather etc. are two different things (as you know I'm sure)
I have a shed full of JUNK that looked good when I bought it but either,
did not hold up or did not perform well.
joe
"John Smith" wrote in message
merlin-7 wrote:
I have been looking for a 2-meter yagi, around 10dbi gain or better,

that
can handle 100 watts for around $100.00.
I was looking at the hy-gain vb-28fm but I do not know anything about

this
antenna?

Thoughts, suggestions ?

Thanks joe

Nothing like the manual to provide some details:
http://www.hy-gain.com/man/pdf/VB-28FM.pdf

-OR-

Grab some tubing and make one? Industrial recycling yard is cheap
materials. Aluminum irrigation pipe (agricultural outlets a good
source) serves as good construction material, comes in different gauges
for strength.

JS