Old October 23rd 03, 07:00 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:40:36 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

It's an "abuse of language" shared by many, including manufacturers of
switches and relays of all kinds. A google search on "contact 'wiping
action'" brought around 3000 hits. The few I glanced at dealt with just
that topic, using those words.

The only contact-related document I have readily at hand is a 3M catalog
of "Electronic Interconnection Systems". Just about every connector has
a specification for "wipe area" or "wiping area".

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Hi Roy,

And does that render the issue of pressure as "garbage" or negate any
comment offered by myself? Does it elevate the injudicious
application of chemicals? Does it replace common sense? Many of the
mythical lurkers might be lead down the primrose path of dunking their
'tronics into a vat of Coca Cola simply because of its Phosphoric Acid
content.

Is a google search the barometer of accuracy for
rec.radio.amateur.chemistry when supported by 3000 hits? If so,
"tits" would eclipse the charts. ;-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC