Old March 1st 04, 01:59 AM
Don't Reply to this address

It's sort of interesting as Wayne got further and further into black helicopters,
government plotting against him and you and me, little green men, oil company
plots to make sure we don't get high gas mileage and cancer cures that the medical
establishment is trying to keep from the people -- 73 sank further and further.

Could be just coincidence but it sure turned me off.

Yes, I considered $37 for a lifetime subscription when it first came out and was
sorry I didn't purchase it. They paid me more than that for an article of mine
they published on modifications to a Heathkit piece of gear. I was impressed at
the time (mid 1960s) that they wouldn't publish it until Heathkit "blessed" it.

It used to be the magazine I picked up and read first among all the ham magazines.

Somewhere I still have a pristine copy of the first issue of Byte... I'm afraid I
don't have the first issue of 73.