Old December 18th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default 30 helpful hints to help new and No-code hams. Monthly post.

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

H. Adam stevens, NQ5H wrote:
"Old Time Ham" wrote in message
. ..
Slow Code wrote:
The 30 Steps below will help all No-Code Hams, it will also help you
find others just like yourself. These 30 steps should also be added to
the
present writtens.

Hilarious! I am going to print these out and give them out at the next
Repeater Group meeting. (which I am forced to attend since it is also
the
local RACES group meeting :-(

This just occurred to me:

No-coders can never be Silent Keys

Just dead mikes

Listening to the bands these days I have come to the conclusion that
many Keys have indeed become Silent although they are not physically
dead.

And yes, when more code operators die they are just as dead as any
other amateur radio operator who has passed away.

FWIW - when one "presses the mic button to talk" - they are considered to be
"KEYING" the mic. Therefore - anyone who is a ham - be they a "code" key
user OR "key" a mic - would still pass as a "silent "key" "
The code is GONE - there is nothing we can do about its demise - so lets
start PROMOTING decent Radio Skills - beginning with the vanishment of
insulting amongst the ranks first off - and those who "might" be considering
coming into the hobby.