Old December 18th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John, N9JG John, N9JG is offline

Default QRO vs. Command amplifiers

Seriously, thank you for your comments. I am not sure how soon I will move
on getting an amplifier like this, but right now the HF-2000DX is at the top
of my list. This amplifier got very good reviews in eHam.net.

X-rated Vermonter wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:32:47 GMT, "John, N9JG"
wrote:

How do you prevent getting a hernia when you lift the amplifier onto the
shelf above the desk?

+++++++
It stays on the desk. If you want a lot of transformer, the result is
a lot of weight. I might add that, while the tune up process is a
little different, this amplifier has highly repeatable tune settings,
so you just keep a little cheat sheet to tell you the tune and load
positions for each band.