Old December 19th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Power Supply Meters

"west" wrote in message
I have a 40 amp, 13.8v supply and would like to add a voltage (0-15v) meter
and an amp (0-50amp) meter. The meters look frail and I can't imagine
running all that current through those flimsy connectors and tiny meter
coil. I have no paperwork on the meters and was wondering if I need a
shunt
resistor or something to take all that current. Any ideas? Thank you.

Cordially,
west

Regulated Linear Power Supply Construction
What's inside your Astron®?
David Metz, WA0AUQ

I have often referenced David Metz's (WA0AUQ) article on Linear Power Supply
Construction. David wrote this article for the SouthEast Iowa Technical
Society (SEITS) newsletter in November 1996. Sadly, SEITS and its web site
are no longer on the Internet.

Kevin Custer, K3KKC has agreed to add this article to the Astron folder in
the Repeater Builders Technical Information Page (RBTIP). Hobbyists can
again access this informational and educational article on linear power
supply construction (Adobe Acrobat format) he
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...on-article.pdf

w9gb

BTW Meter labeling is also quite easy