Old December 19th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] nsarejectnsareject@yahoo.com is offline

Default The new, Sangean DT200VX- what do you think?

Brenda Ann wrote:
--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!
wrote in message
oups.com...

dead of night wrote:
Hi. The new Sangean DT200VX is the replacement for the famous, DT200V.
C Crane claims "better AM reception." Although I have the old model,
I have ordered a new one because of the even better Am reception.
Also, the new one has a backlight, and is supposed to have better
sound. Any opinions? What do you think?

I just received the Sony ICF-S10MK2 pocket-radio and it is on-par with
my more expensive digital PLL radios - if you are interested, here is a
review of it on RadioIntel.com:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It was only $10, including shipping, from J$R Music (also, on
SonyStyle.com). Here is the review, I wrote on Amazon, under
"analogAMforever":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...&s=electronics

Awesome radio for $10 !

It's not a bad radio. I received one as a gift a while back. But it doesn't
even have full AM X-band coverage.

From Maryland, there doesn't seem to be much in the new X-band, anyway;

the radio is awesome enough that it doesn't really matter. I bought
three for myself, so if I drop or lose one, who cares at $10, and I can
always have a relatively new radio to play with, and can always order
plenty more ! With the Sangeans running $60 - $70, one might as well
get a Degen SW radio for the same price, plus if one needs to replace
it, there is something to cry about !