Old December 19th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default A Portable Generator

David Snyder Hale wrote:
I just came across an ad for these generators:

http://www.portable-gas-generator.com/

1kW, $163

Seems too cheap. I'm a big believer of "you get what you pay for" --
generally. Has anyone any experience with these? Thought? Comments?

Don't have any first hand experience with these, but in general I can
say that 1 KW is not much power. 2 Stroke motors also are noisy, not
very fuel efficient, usually hard to start and are not very reliable.
2 Stroke motors are very light for the horsepower they produce through
so I'll bet the whole thing is very light.

The price is attractive considering it's about 50% of the going rate
for that size..