Old December 19th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
PA3HGT PA3HGT is offline

Default QRO vs. Command amplifiers

Jhon ,

Did you take a look to Acom-amps ??

I had the Acom 1000 and now the Acom 2000 with a lot of joy.
I made some nice pics of both amps and you can see them on my webpage :
http://www.pa3hgt.nl

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans Pluijgers

callsign : PA3HGT
http://www.pa3hgt.nl

Seriously, thank you for your comments. I am not sure how
soon I will move on getting an amplifier like this, but
right now the HF-2000DX is at the top of my list. This
amplifier got very good reviews in eHam.net.
X-rated Vermonter wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:32:47 GMT, "John, N9JG"
wrote:

How do you prevent getting a hernia when you lift the
amplifier onto the shelf above the desk?

+++++++
It stays on the desk. If you want a lot of transformer,
the result is a lot of weight. I might add that, while
the tune up process is a little different, this
amplifier has highly repeatable tune settings, so you
just keep a little cheat sheet to tell you the tune and
load positions for each band.