Old December 19th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] nsarejectnsareject@yahoo.com is offline

Default The new, Sangean DT200VX- what do you think?

dead of night wrote:
wrote:
Its about as ugly as one of those see through telephones.I don't own one
and I don't ever want one either.
cuhulin

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sangean claims the new model,
DT200VX, has better AM reception. If true, what might have been done
to the model to improve the AM reception?

I am definately not a "radio geek", just a radio lover, but if it is
any larger then maybe a larger ferrite-rod, a tuned input loop
(whatever that is), or an improved receiver chip (whatever that does).
You should definately try out the Sony ICF-S10MK2 - it's analog-tuned
so there is no PLL synthesizer noise...