Old December 19th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default Grundig YB400PE

Meat Plow wrote:
Worth the 25 bucks I bought it for?

Yep.

Mine (for which I paid a lot more than $25) only lasted for about 3
years before the PLL started unlocking, causing loud noises, pops, and
loss of reception. But if you get a year's service I'd say it was worth
the $25. When working it's a decently sensitive & selective receiver,
reasonably overload-immune, (not perfect but a lot better than most
portables) and while the SSB reception isn't as easy as on an ICF-2010,
it does work, and it's a lot less expensive.

I'd buy another one if I could get it for $25.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66