Old December 21st 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W. Watson W. Watson is offline

Default Simple FM Antenna, C. Crane, Radio Your Way (Pogo) and Radio Shark(RS)

I had an occasion to talk with C. Crane today, and got onto the topic of an
FM Antenna for small digital radios. I have the two mentioned in the Subject
line. The agent menioned using just a sinple 5' wire for this purpose.

I've not had good luck getting FM reception with RS, and have tried a simple
dipole without much luck. I live in the Sierra Foothills at 2700', and the
trouble is with stations in the Sacramento area (60 mi) and Chico (75 mi).
It occurred to me the simple 5' single wire antenna provided with Pogo has
been very effective in improving FM reception, so I put it on RS. Practially
no difference with or without it. What's up with that?

Note that RS looks like shark fin, and has a built in FM and AM antenna, and
a jack to plug in an external FM antenna. The RS is plugged into a USB port
and it is very much like Tivo but for radio.