Old December 22nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Older ARRL Handbooks

julian814 wrote:
All right, I'm hoping someone here can clue me into finding the one(s)
I want. What I need is a handbook that has schematics for tube
equipment circa the 1960's. I have a boxful of tubes from television
sets from that era, and I was hoping I could put together a receiver
from some of them. I do have the first volume of Impoverished Radio
Experimenter, which talks about using "newer" tubes in older
schematics, but the scant few Lindsay talks about aren't among the
tubes in my box.

I've found a very good used book search engine, but unless I have a
better idea of what to look for, It's going to be hit and miss. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

I was in Powell's Technical Books the other day, they had several from
the '50s and '60s.

This link will get you several listings (and I'll get a kickback if you
buy one!). I already grabbed the 1944 issue (thank you thank you thank
you for making me look!).

http://www.powells.com/partner/30696...RRL%20Handbook

--

Tim Wescott