Old December 22nd 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Thanks K7DYY...

On 22 Dec 2006 05:20:05 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 22 Dec 2006 03:22:39 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 22 Dec 2006 02:46:43 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
The answer... the chip is most often used for gates and CVAs, not
compressors. Didn't I tell you to do your research?

Haha, I wish Frank lived down the road from me. He'd probably help me
make a clean sounding station. (clean is best imo)

Just make friends with the sound jock at your local dance hall. I ran
sound for a couple years and learned about ten times more about audio
than I did in college. I also drank about ten times more than I did in
college..... ::=burp=::

Nah, I have two friends that do the portable DJ thing and they don't
know dick about HF. They drink plenty while they're doing it too..I
reckon that's a perk tho.

I have noticed that most DJ's don't know squat about sound. Mixer
dudes for bands are a different breed.

Do you have a SSB 11 meter station anymore, Frank?

Absolutely. Right now I'm using that TRC-449 I got from Lance (where'd
he go these days?). It's probably not as much fun as your rig but then
I don't do DX on the CB. It just doesn't come in here very well.
Speaking of which, I took a trip to North Dakota a couple months ago.
As soon as I crossed the Rockies I heard the noise..... good god, it's
crappier on every channel than the single worst case I can remember
from Jacksonville, which was pretty noisy at times. How can anybody
talk over there -without- power?

Hello Frank

Hrmm, copy the west east propagation flowing in... and it's always been
that way imo. Ever hear Ohio on that 449?

Not very often. Sometimes catch the extreme east, but very rarely
anything between the Rockies and the Mississippi. It's gotta be the
mountains scattering the signal on a bounce or something like that,
but I've never done the math so I'm just guessing.

(good radio btw)

Generally yes, but after fixing a few I noticed it does have it's
issues. Like that ribbon cable for the display that often goes bad and
needs to be jumped. I'm just glad I could bring this one back from the
brink, it was in pretty rough shape. Are you running anything else
besides that furnace?