Old December 22nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
wavetrapper wavetrapper is offline

Default Will I be able to learn the 7600GR?

You will have no trouble. Learning curve is pretty easy.

You will rarely use the attenuator.

For synch detect. Simply switch it in when listening to a station in
AM mode. If it helps leave it in, if not switch it out.

The manual will guide you. If you have further questions, post them.

You have a very nice portable radio. Congrats

wrote:
dead of night wrote:
HJi. My 7600GR has arrived at home and is still in the box. I'm
concerned that its features will be difficult to use and learn
effectively. I have never had a shortwave radio before and have never
used a synch detector nor an attenuator. Are there full instructions
about these features in the owner's manual? I just want to get as many
stations as possible, using the best tuning methods.

I wouldn't worry too much - the instructions will definately help, plus
you have the resources of all these very bright SWLs. Be happy - you
picked an excellent SW receiver, which I bet, not many first-timers do.
Sony rules !