Old December 22nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Chinese AR88

Very amusing translation and also the pictures, especially the tuning dials.
The tuning gear, general layout and screening seem authentic (ie as the RCA
model), but the valves (tubes) seem not to be. There are screened miniature
valves in the RF section and (octal) glass valves elsewhere. The original;
and as far as I know, metal octal except for the rectifier and voltage
regulator glass octal.

"K3HVG" wrote in message
Very interesting reading. Regarding the translation, though, when some
co-workers helped me translate another Chinese MIL radio manual, some of
the phraseology came out just like the referenced post did. Literal
translations for other than direct technical date are rough to work with.
And... if you think the manual, per se, was tough to decipher and/or
humorous, you should have read the translation of Chairman Mao's preface
memo in my manual!!! Now there was a memo!!! HI!!

Regards de Jeep/K3HVG

MRe wrote:
Found on the website of 'HKradioer'; a chinese version of the AR88
Link with automatic (cripple) translation
http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=...glepages.com/9

His website has also other tube-based Chinese radio's on display

Greetings from Groningen ^top^ of Holland

MRe