Old December 22nd 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] mcalhoun@ksu.edu is offline

Default Older ARRL Handbooks

Another thing that has worked for me is to put the tube in the freezer
for a few hours. Frost forms in a different pattern around where the
number was than on the rest of the envelope. Sometimes.

And after you take it out of the cooler, "huff" on it once or twice
(just as people "huff" on their eyeglasses before wiping them with
a cloth) and the moisture from your breath may outline the tube
identification.

--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge