Old March 2nd 04, 02:22 PM
Mike Andrews

Dick LeadWinger wrote:
I noticed tonight that my Kenwood TM-732A has suddenly developed some
garbage in the display over about 25% of it. Looks like fern leaves
or something like that. The normal display items are still there.
The garbage is in the background, but makes the display very hard to
read. Am I looking at a new display? The radio does run 24/7
monitoring our ARES repeater. Maybe it just finally did it in.

It's an LCD, right? Sounds like it has developed a leak, and air is
getting into the liquid crystal layer. If that is the case, then it
is indeed new-display time.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin