Old December 23rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dead of night dead of night is offline

Default Help! I can't get many shortwave stations!

Hi. I own a new, Sony icf7600GR, delivered yesterday. I am brand new
to shortwave radio. I have printed out the Prime Time Shortwave
listings of English speaking shortwave broadcasts to America. After
noting the difference between the UTC time and my time, I tried finding
broadcasts.

Out of approximately 12, I could only get about 3. Is this par for
the course? I had the antenna fully extended near my window. I tried
the reel antenna but it did not make much of a difference. Can you
offer any tips and advice? I'd prefer not to buy an expensive,
optional antenna right now, I want to make do with the whip and reel.