Old December 23rd 06, 10:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] paul@telco.demon.co.uk is offline

Default VX7-R Squelch noise problem.

Hi,

I bought my VX7-R secondhand about two years ago and it has always had
a problem with the squelch.

Even with the volume set to zero I get a 'thump' noise as the squelch
operates. It sounds like a dc level is set wrongly somewhere in the
squelch mute/unmute circuitry or a cap is slowly decaying and no longer
blocking the dc.

The noise has become noticably louder over the last year and is now
uncomfortably loud when using an earpiece.

If I had a circuit diagram and board layout I could probably fix this
myself but I can't locate either.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem or the necessary diagrams?

Thanks,

Paul