Old December 23rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett Jim Hackett is offline

Default Will it harm the 7600 reel antenna to leave it outside? Anyone else do this?

Use a crummy piece of speaker wire instead. No difference in abilities. No
harm done to reel-up ant....

"dead of night" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi. After a painstaking process of hanging my reel antenna outside,
clipped to the rim of the roof, and putting the screen to the window
back on, I am reluctant to bring the reel back inside every time I want
to try shortwave reception. I want to simply leave it hooked up
outside, in the wind, rain and snow. Is this acceptable? What is the
consensus about my decision? Is it a bad idea?