Old December 23rd 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Larry Weil Larry Weil is offline

Default Schedules that are correct?

In article ,
Al Arduengo wrote:

Greetings all.

I have been noticing lately that what I am hearing on my E1 does not match
what is on the PTSW schedules. For instance right now on 9525 at 0343 GMT
from North Dallas, I hear Voice of Indonesia from Jakarta to Europe.
However the PTSW sched says it is not supposed to be heard until
2000-2100. Right now it *should* be CRI which also corresponds to
Passport 2007 ed. I have seen this on many stations. Am I doing something
wrong? Is PTSW known to be inaccurate? Is there a more accurate schedule
available?

I have no idea what a PTSW schedule is, but in my experience most
stations have changed their schedule before any of the printed schedules
can be distributed. Also, many if not most stations have a winter
schedule and a summer schedule. Therefore, if you are using a printed
guide that mostly has the summer times and frequencies you may find it
more accurate six months from now than now.

If you are interested in a specific station, the best bet is to find
that stationšs website using Google. Often you can sign up through the
website to receive e-mail updates when the stationŒs schedule changes.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH