Old December 23rd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default Will it harm the 7600 reel antenna to leave it outside? Anyone else do this?

Hello "D. of N."

Definitely bad idea. These windup antennas are made for indoor use -
outdoor use only in fine weather. Bad weather will damage/destroy them
and replacements cost at least $12.00.

Take Jim Hackett's very good advice - use cheap speaker wire instead.

Best,

Joe

dead of night wrote:
Hi. After a painstaking process of hanging my reel antenna outside,
clipped to the rim of the roof, and putting the screen to the window
back on, I am reluctant to bring the reel back inside every time I want
to try shortwave reception. I want to simply leave it hooked up
outside, in the wind, rain and snow. Is this acceptable? What is the
consensus about my decision? Is it a bad idea?