Old December 23rd 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Mike is offline

Default What Albert Einstein said about Radio.

wrote in message
OK,go look at your cute clocks and your cute wris****ches and on tv and
everywhere else y'all see ''Time'',,,, keep on believing in
y'allselfs.''Time'' does not exist,NO such thing.

Of course it exists. It is the 4th dimension.

Example: when you make plans to meet someone - say for lunch - how many
coordinates do you give? You say "meet me at Harry's diner at main and
3rd, at 1:00 o'clock". You give 4 coordinates - 3 physical and one of
time.

Length, width, height, duration. There are (at least) 4 dimensions. Saying
WHERE something exists is meaningless without saying WHEN it exists. Did
Harry's diner exist at 3rd and Main 1 year ago? A million years ago?

Clocks are just the measuring stick. Just as physical dimensions exist
independently of feet, meters, and light-years, time exists independently of
what we use to measure it.

Clocks, inches, sundials, kilometers, decaying atoms, light-years, quartz
vibrations, the movement of Earth around the Sun etc. are all just
convenient measuring tools. They all give reference points, so we can say
things like "The restaurant is a mile north of here" or "I'll be at the
restaurant in an hour". The "mile" has no real existence, it's just an
agreed upon definition of a length of distance. Similarly, the "hour" has
no real existence, it's just an agreed upon definition of a length of time.

All of the measuring tools and terms we use to define the 4 dimensions are
purely arbitrary. What they are measuring, however, is very real. The
concepts of before, now and after are as real and universal as up, down,
left, right, forward and backward.

Mike