Old December 23rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Mike is offline

Default Both Sensitive and Selective Radio Receiver for FM Broadcast Band.

"J&D Schnoor" wrote in message
Obviously this is off-topic because what I am looking for is not
necassarily a shortwave radio, but it may be. I am looking for an
inexpensive AM/FM broadcast band radio that is both sensitive and
selective on the FM broadcast band.

The old Radio Shack DX-440 (Sangean ATS-803A) is a good FM receiver, mainly
because it's RF Gain control works on FM, not just on AM/shortwave like most
radios. I have used mine in situations where other radios only received
interference from nearby stations.

They tend to go for more than $50, so it may not be what you are looking
for.

Mike