Old December 24th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
robert casey robert casey is offline

Default The "Code Wars"...It's Done...Now Where?

My 8 and 12 year olds would rather play XBOX
than sit around learning radio theory. EE/CS students I work with are
thinking "consumer electronics", not "old fogey HF radios".

Someone ought to create an Xbox game that simulates a contest using CW
on HF... Use the controller as a code key, and the game software
creates pile-ups. One of the options of the game would be to select
yourself as the rare DX, and deal with working with everyone in the
pile-up.... And you don't have to fight with the condo board or HOA
over antennas... :-)