Old December 25th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Robert Casey wrote:
Back a year or three, there was a thread asking for peoples' predictions
on when the FCC would do no-code for all licenses. So who came closest?
I know that I didn't.

Hello Robert,

I don't know if the Report and Order has been published in the Federal
yet. The new rules cannot become effective until at least 30 days after
that.
I have been told that because the Report and Order modifies an earlier
one
(the "omnibus" R&O), the delay will be 60 days rather than 30, but I'm
not
sure if that is true.

As of last Friday, it had not been published in the Federal Register. This
new Report and Order do not modify the "omnibus" R & O and stands completely
on its own. However, it could easily be 60 days from the announcement as it
may take up to 30 days to get published in the Federal Register and then
another 30 days for its implementation date.

Dee, N8UZE