Old December 26th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S. Vinnie S. is offline

Default Suggestions for handheld CB-radio please (long range)

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:57:20 +1000, Gerhard Beulke wrote:

Hi,

I'm after a couple handheld CB-radios with the longest possible
range/distance.
Any suggestions please?

Cheers

I just picked up a pair of Realistric TRC-222. They are fairly small (as
compared to older Walkie Talkies. They are 40 channels. They have the extra long
center loaded antenna. They also have an external antenna jack. They run 2.5
watts on hit power, and 1 watt on low power. And they are cheap on ebay.

I would suggest these, because most of the newer radios you have, put out 4
watts, which drains batteries far faster. And the difference btween 4 watts and
1 or 2.5 watts in insignificant. Also, the newer radios offer crap antennas.

Vinnie S.