Old December 26th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter-k8vt Carter-k8vt is offline

Default atomic clock audio stream?

John Smith wrote:
Michael Black wrote:
John Smith ) writes:

Think again, my battery operated "atomic clock" has a built in
antenna and gets its update via shortwave!

Not likely. ... Michael

Interesting. So, these battery operated 60 hz atomic clocks just
pull that powerline frequency out of the air, huh?

While I can accept powerline operated clocks get their data stream
from the powerline--how are you proposing the battery operated ones
do?

JS

JS,
It appears you do indeed have a comprehension problem.
(I thought it was just a quirk in our go-around a day or two ago, but
you've gone and done it again). Please note that
the poster said 60 *KILO* hertz, NOT 60 Hz. And it's NOT from the
powerline but rather WWVB that transmits a radio signal on 60 *KILO* Hertz.

From NIST (those fine folks that bring you WWV, et al):

NIST radio station WWVB is located on the same site as WWV near Fort
Collins, Colorado. The WWVB broadcasts are used by millions of people
throughout North America to synchronize consumer electronic products
like wall clocks, clock radios, and wris****ches.

Please note the word "wris****ches".

A more detailed description is at:

http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm