Old December 27th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

Dave Heil wrote:
Unfortunately, none of those things will help in obtaining an amateur
radio license of any kind. I'm likewise busting a gut, "John". There's
always someone who is up for a challenge.

"Gettysburg" Address, "John".

Dave K8MN

And, FINALLY, neither will an autistic talent like "code tapping" assist
one in gaining an amateur ticket. Finally, CW is consigned to the trash
heap with sword swallowing--CW, a skill whose time has come, and gone ...

And, indeed, it could be stated that I am jealous of those who can tap
code at high speed. However, it felt as if I was just learning it to
get the ticket, would immediately attempt to forget it after, would
certainly NEVER use it, and was darn "pi$$ed off" at being forced to do
it just to get the dern ticket!!!

Regards,
JS