Old December 27th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Kubichek Robert Kubichek is offline

Default How to disable CW sidetone in TS-440s?

Comcast newsgroups wrote:
Hello all,

I've googled this and found nothing. I want to disable the
CW sidetone, or at least turn it all the way down on my
Kenwood TS-440. I use the sidetone in my keyer instead,
and the two clash!

Anyone know if this can be done without hacking anything
up? Like a DIP-switch or similar? Or a hidden volume pot?

Thanks

Dave WB7AWK

Look for VR9 in the service manual to turn down the side tone output.

Its the only way that I can see to accomplish what you want.

Bob N9LVU