Old December 28th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Kubichek Robert Kubichek is offline

Default How to disable CW sidetone in TS-440s?

Zommbee wrote:

Look for VR9 in the service manual to turn down the side tone output.

Its the only way that I can see to accomplish what you want.

Thanks for the info - right after I posted it, I found that myself as well.
That
indeed will do the trick - now to find pot VR9 on the IF board.... hopefully
it isn't too well hidden (why didn't they bring a Sidetone volume out to the
front or rear panel? I can't be the only one who doesn't like the sound of
the Kenwood sidetone!)

Dave WB7AWK

Do a search for a tech manual, and look for cw side tone adjustment..
The tech manual shows how, and location of pot...
There are several on google that I found!

Bob N9LVU