Old December 28th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Code Free "It's part of the dumbing down of America,"

KH6HZ wrote:

The "magic" of what was once amateur radio has long since left the hobby.
And, it had nothing to do with CW, in as much as you'd like to hate the
mode, hate the people who use it, and blame it for all the world's ills.

I see the world though other glasses. Is is not the medium which is no
longer useful. However, much of the practices, methods, uses and people
who were/are in amateur have outlived their time. I trust the youth to
change amateur into a new world, much as computers have done with
electronics on a whole. How many hams do you know who even have a pci
card sw receiver in their computers? How many hams build pci cards to
interface with their computers for amateur uses? How many hams write
articles in the radio rags on how to do computer/radio xmitters/rcvrs,
projects? How many could?

We need the next generation which can ... the computer age has bypassed
OT hams

Regards,
JS