Old December 28th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Code Free "It's part of the dumbing down of America," accordingto CDC

Dee Flint wrote:

Don't slap the old guys too hard. They are the only ones with time
available to go into the schools and recruit the young. The rest of us have
to earn a living. Many of us work days and simply cannot go into the
schools. The ones who work nights have to sleep in the day. So it will be
counterproductive to alienate the older guys and gals. If you want programs
in the schools, it would behoove you to start recruiting the older amateurs
to do it.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee:

Perhaps 20-35 year old guys can make real contact with the youth and
influence them, older that that, forget it.

Personally, I just work on supplying them with fuel for their minds to
burn ... I have a rig on campus with a "miracle microvert antenna", it
is a real conversation starter I find--and NO, I didn't ask permission
evil grin ...

Regards,
JS