Old December 28th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Code Free "It's part of the dumbing down of America,"

Dee Flint wrote:
Dee, N8UZE

Dee:

You are so busy deciding what they are, and what they are not (the next
hams) that I doubt you could get a real one to pay attention to you.

If all else fails, ignite their imaginations and get out of their way!

I find underneath it all, these young men and women are just like I was
when younger. I just had access to so much more, like cheaply available
military equip., tubes, xmitters and parts of all sorts--it seemed as
though it was everywhere. No one ever stopped me from firing up tesla
coils with neon sign transformers and spark gaps driving their
primaries, or building vlf osc's to drive them. Heck, we could even go
skinny dipping in the river ... but I digress here.

We have changed, times have changed, laws have changed, "they" haven't
changed ... anyone who strives to change "them" has already lost the
battle ... now, we CAN encourage them to better efforts and expenditures
of their energies. What is the fun of an ipod when you can see 18"
corona discharges and smell the ozone?

Regards,
JS