Old December 27th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] amyotte@personainternet.com is offline

Default RG-6 Coax Question

RHF wrote:
Brian,

Often the White is used for In-Door use where it blends-in
with most Room Decors.

The Black is by design Fit-for-Use Out-Side in the Elements
{Weather and Sunlight} and yes UV Light from the Sun is a factor.

and that is the black-and-white of it as i see it - iane ~ RHF
.
.
. .

My LMZ-50 just arrived today.
Yesterday I strung up the 14 gauge stranded wire with the near end at
least 15 feet from the house. I was really surprised how hard I had to
pull on the far end feed nylon rope to get the 85 ft of wire and 40 ft
of nylon rope on the house side somewhat tight. I also ran the RG-6
coax from the near end ground rod to the reciever area indoors.
I installed another ground rod at the far end and I dug 125 ft of
shallow trench for the coax last Saturday.
Will buy the black RG-6 today.
Hope to up and listening tomorrow.

Thanks for your guidance in this install.

Brian