Old December 28th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Code Free "It's part of the dumbing down of America," according to CDC

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...
KH6HZ wrote:

I disagree. Now that the code test has been eliminated from amateur
radio, it is my belief that members of the No-Code Agenda will start to
attack the mode itself -- attempt to gather support to re-farm code and
other non-voice mode allocations into voice.

I doubt it. Al the no coders cared about was removing element 1 from the
tests. If some hams want to do a CW net or contest, have at it, have fun.
Just pick a frequency not in use according to band plan.

Europe goes only by band plans and they are not observed or followed during
contests. Do we really want that here?

Dee, N8UZE